This is an all-day, free to attend event, open to N8 AgriFood institutions only.
N8 AgriFood, with the support of the FCO Science and Innovation Network USA, invite you to attend a UK-USA Research & Innovation in agrifood workshop hosted at the University of Leeds on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Representatives from the Universities of Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa State, Illinois and Minnesota will join us at an interactive workshop which will create a roadmap of specific projects for future collaboration between UK and the US. Our objective is to provide evidence for national funders to support joint UK-US research programmes, and provide a platform for long-term development of joint UK-USA University-Industry regional collaboration.
We will cover the following areas of joint R&I between the UK and USA:
- Soil and water quality in agriculture
- Mitigating climate change and its impacts through adapting crop production
- Crop breeding and production methods for functional food ingredients
- Functional foods for health
- International trade and supply chains
- Diversification of food crops – niche/alternative crop species